No injuries reported in Zaatari refugee camp fire
There were no injuries in a fire that erupted Sunday evening at seven shops in
the Zaatari refugee camp for Syrian refugees in northern Jordan, according to
the media spokesman of the Public Security Department.
He said in a press statement today that civil defence crews had dealt with the blaze, which was caused by an electrical short circuit, and brought it under control.
Spokesman of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Jordan, Mohammed Hewari, said that the refugee agency seeks to ensure that the necessary security and safety precautions are taken in both workplaces and residences.
He said that the UNHCR, in coordination with the Civil Defense Department, had run several drills for Syrian refugees in the camps on general safety measures and the use of fire extinguishers to ensure the safety of the refugees.
Source: Jordan News Agency