US Secretary of State condemns latest missile attack on Iraqi base
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday he was “outraged” by the missile attack on the Balad airbase in Iraq where US forces have been stationed, despite Iran’s signaling a wish to de-escalate regional tensions.
In a tweet on his official Twitter account, Pompeo said “outraged by reports of another rocket attack on an Iraqi airbase,” adding “these continued violations of Iraq’s sovereignty by groups not loyal to the Iraqi government must end”.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, but the US has previously blamed such attacks on Iran-backed groups in Iraq.
Source: Jordan News Agency