Jordan COVID-19 Daily Wrap-up (April 28, 2020)
Amman, Following is a wrap-up of the latest COVID-19
developments and news in Jordan for April 28, 2020:
– No new COVID-19 cases, one death recorded.
– Gov’t to ease curfew restrictions in Madaba, Jerash, Ajloun.
– PM, EBRD head discuss cooperation.
– King in Washington Post op-ed: It’s time to return to globalisation. But this time let’s do it right.
– King, German chancellor affirm need to unify efforts to counter COVID-19.
– World Bank offers US$20 million coronavirus relief package
– Drop in number of infections indicates epidemiological stability, said Nazir Obaidat, Spokesperson of the National Epidemiological Committee.
– 64 contacts of confirmed case test negative.
– Committee discusses quarantine communications coverage for expats.
– Trade Ministry to inspect facilities allowed to resume work.
Source: Jordan News Agency