Jordan announces six new COVID-19 cases
The Government on Sunday announced six new novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, including 4 French tourists, a Jordanian coming from the UK earlier this month and another Jordanian who has come into contact with a U.S. tourist who was in the Kingdom in the past period.
Minister of Health Sa’ed Jabir said a Jordanian, who arrived from the UK on March 8, was admitted to hospital last night and he tested positive for COVID-19. The four French tourists who tested positive for the virus were also admitted to hospital and place under quarantine.
With regard to the 6th case, the minister said the patient came into contact with an infected U.S. tourist who came from Egypt before she left the Kingdom two days later.
Jabir explained that all cases are now under quarantine, adding that thousands of Jordanians are expected to arrive in the next two days from countries infected with the disease and all of them will be placed under self-imposed quarantine at their homes.
Concerning a Canadian tourist who tested positive for the disease after she had left the Kingdom, the minister said the tests of 28 contacts have returned negative and will be re-tested one more time.
Source: Jordan News Agency