Health official in King Abdullah University Hospital denies new COVID-19 cases
Deputy Director of the King Abdullah University Hospital in Irbid, Dr. Basel Obaidat, has said that no new cases had been reported of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 in the hospital.
Obaidat confirmed in a statement to Jordan News Agency (Petra), this evening, Monday, that the two COVID-19 cases that were reported on Monday morning, were transferred to Prince Hamza Hospital, in adherence to the national plan.
There are now eight people suspected of having the virus in the hospital, he said, adding that they are currently in the isolation center pending the results of laboratory tests, which will be ready in the coming hours.
Obaidat denied rumors saying that people are crowding in the hospital’s emergency and ambulance wards, noting that the numbers of patients in the emergency ward are small and as usual, some of whom attended the wedding ceremony of the woman who is infected with the virus, in addition to her infected father who had come from Spain and those who had made physical contact with them.
He said that the fact-finding teams at the Ministry of Health (MoH) will follow up on the matter.
Source: Jordan News Agency