2 dead, 18 injured with burns in electrochemical company in China

Beijing, Two died and 18 were injured with burns during a machine malfunction accident, on Thursday, in an electrochemical company in northwest China’s Shaanxi Province.

Gas heat and high-temperature solid parts were ejected from a collapsed opening of a carbide furnace and burnt 20 workers in the Shaanxi Hengyuan Investment Group Co., Ltd.’s electrochemical company in the city of Shenmu.

Eight workers suffered severe burn injuries and 10 suffered moderate degree burns. Medical experts have been sent to the hospital to treat the injured.

The company has been closed, and people in charge of the company have been put under police control for investigation. Security checks have also been carried out among all chemical plants in the city.

Source: Jordan News Agency